Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hero Arts Ribber Stamps

My good friend Laura's husband is the CEO and owner of Hero Arts Rubber Stamps. Yesterday, Aaron gave us a tour of where everything happens. (I wanted to upload a picture of the outside sign and forgot to do it... so annoying!)

First off, let me tell that Laura and Aaron are just really good people. And from talking with Aaron I knew that he only makes deeply etched rubber stamps and uses the best quality products. So that means real wood for the blocks (maple I think). I also know that he believes in sustainability so this is a green company and everything is made in the United States. What I didn't know before the tour is that all of the rubber stamps are basically made by hand. They make a rather small sheet of printed rubber that is then cut down and mounted, by hand, onto the blocks. Its really impressive! So Hero Arts believes in handmade... they do it so we can do it too!

They have also just come out with a new line of very cool clear stamps that are used on a clear block. You can mount the stamp onto the block and then remove it when you're finished... easy peasy. Not only do I love this concept, BUT Hero Arts is making one of the few that don't have carcinogens in it! A lot of the other companies use lesser ingredients and are made outside of the country where the standards and regulations are different. I mean who knew or even guessed at what all goes into rubber or clear stamps???

I also came away with some goodies too! Thanks so much Laura and Aaron for a very fun afternoon!

No comments: