Monday, April 2, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

I just re-saw The Pursuit of Happyness. Its such a good movie! Its based on the real story of how one man slipped into homelessness. This took place over 25 years ago... I would hope that the safety net would have tightened between then and now, but it hasn't. In fact, the holes have gotten larger and its much easier to slip through the cracks now.

I love that the movie uses extras from the Tenderloin, the TL, as we affectionately call it. One gentlemen today told me that he was in one of the scenes outside of Glide. There were definitely some familiar faces. The first scene of the people waiting in line to get into the shelter touches me every time I see it. Today, the lines are even longer.

2 comments:

Mary Stanley said...

WOW! So glad you now have a BLOG! Love the bunny...I want to make one too. Welcome to the world of Blogdom!xo mary

Runner Gurl said...

ExCUUUUUUUse me.... *tapping your shoulder*

I'm waiting for a new post over here!
*sitting patiently (HA!) with coffee cup in hand and tapping foot*

What's up in DebbieLand??

: )
Gail... who is not known for her patience