Sunday, April 15, 2007

Distracted

Ok, forgive me, but I need to complain a bit. Today is one of those days where I feel distracted... dont know what art project to work on, what to start, what to do. Its one of those days where I wish I only liked doing one thing: knitting, quilting, art journaling, painting, drawing... so I wouldnt be confused as to what direction to go in. This is a familiar theme for me so I am sure you will see me talk about it again.
And of course, I wish I had another week off from work... tomorrow is back to work day.

1 comment:

Runner Gurl said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean, Deb.
xo

One thing that has helped me lately is keeping a studio log. I keep it nearby me at my work table. I write down what I'm working on, and jot notes for ideas that pop into my head as I'm working. The journal serves two purposes:

1. I can look back and see that I was actually WORKING, even when I feel scattered and unproductive

2. I have a place to write future ideas down so they don't sit and eat away at my brain and keep me from staying WITH the project I'm currently working on

I don't know if this is any help, darlin'... just thought I'd toss it out there.
xo
Gail

Love,
Gail