Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kindred Spirits

I met Shari a few years ago at ArtFiberFest and we have remained friends ever since. (One of the best things about art camps are the friends you make). I don't get nearly enough opportunities to see her. She was in town this past weekend so we had breakfast at Crepevine, a favorite spot for both of us, and a trip to Flax Art Store.

I have to admit that I was so happy and excited to see her that I spit some of my food! Sorry Shari! If you don't know her artwork, go see it on her blog here. Shari always impresses me with her artistic abilities and the ability to put herself out there in a straightforward, serious way. I admire her inner strength and the courage to follow her own path!

5 comments:

Savannah said...

Thank you, my friend. I had THE BEST time with you and feel blessed to gather whatever moments we have together. Unfortunately, I can't deny the fact that I'm sick any longer. My sore throat has settled in and it's taking a maddeningly long time to progress. Blagh!

Sweet Petunia said...

Lucky..that you can meet up occassionally. Are you still going to A&S Portland?

Lori S-C said...

Hi Deb,
No persian wool, sorry!

Melly Testa said...

Friends are so precious.

Judy Wise said...

Hello dear Deb. I have often wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog. Happy New Year to you. Maybe we will meet some day. xo