Sunday, August 3, 2008

Deb's Babysitting is Back in Business!

Colcado... this post is for YOU!!

Several months ago our when our roof was being worked on, we discovered two baby morning doves on our balcony. Their momma bird would bring her babies first thing in the morning and then pick them up at dusk. When our roof was completed the birds stop coming. I was sad to them go, but understood that their momma thought our balcony was safe place to keep them.

Well, the other day I came home and saw something strange in the nest of leaves outside. When I looked closely it was two more baby birds! Their momma comes during the day to feed them. Here they are. The second picture was taken of them through my screen door so it isn't as clear. But, aren't they cute?



This morning when I woke up there were three baby birds... not just two. And, later there were two momma birds. But one baby and momma have gone now. But, I still have two out there.

Its funny to watch them fly since they don't fly very well yet. I can tell their aiming for a tree branch, but aren't able to fly directly there. They kind of swoop and swirl first. I love having them here.

1 comment:

Mary Stanley said...

stopping by to say "Hi"!!! Loved my visit to your city! Wish I'd seen you at FRIDA...
xo Mary